Friday, January 28, 2011

turn-back time

hi world, i know this post is long due but i've simply got no time to draft it out and so, here it is now.

2010 was a year full of  "first-time(s)" for me. 
  • travelled to Phuket & Taiwan.
  • got my driving license in march
  • 1 year of working as a Staff Nurse in CGH
took part in quite a few Marathons
  • Passion Run 10km,
  • Adidas Sundown Marathon 21km (missed it cos of grandma's death)
  • Singhealth Inter-Cross Country - 5.8km
  • Yellow Ribbon Prison Run 10km (missed it cos fell sick)
  • New Balance Real Run 15km
  • Nike Human Race 10km
  • Standard Chartered Marathon 42.195km

28th May marks the darkest moment in 2010 when i heard of the news that my dearest grandma passed away. it totally came as a shock to me as she was healthy all along and the next moment she was gone. life's really unpredictable.

started school in July - Bachelor in Nursing. school was never my forte but well, this society is cruel, you cant progress on if you dont have a uni certificate. and so far, im glad to say that im doing quite alright for school :)

did something that also changed my life! okay exaggerating. went to visit the dental in August, had 4 tooth extractions ( which is by far the most painful and tortorous thing that i have ever done. & braces were put on in September! progress seems to be pretty good and hopefully i can get it off within a year!

im quite amazed and at the same time damn proud of myself too. expenses for overseas travel, braces, car license, new laptop, school fees are all paid by myself! sometimes i really wonder how i managed to do all these even though im always damn broke by the end of the month :(

not forgetting that i turned TWENTYONE this year, something which everyone is looking forward to but im not. it simply marks that you are of legal age, able to do things without parental consent. but still, TWENTYONE makes me feels that i've got more responsibility in the things i do.

the entire 2010, i can say that the last three months towards the end of the year was the most messed-up months of all. i literally went through hell with work, school, r/s issues. literally clubbed every single week, sometimes twice, drink drank and got drunk. without fail, every one/two days, i'll end up with tears, my mind wasnt able to function properly. worked and worked till i dropped to numb myself. then got myself into some f*ed up situation that till now im still unable to get out of it.

pretty much sums up my 2010. even though i fell and got hurt at some point of time, still wanna thanks those who stood by and pull me up, appreciate all the naggings.

everyone always says that next year will be a better year. i really hope so too. 2011 will definitely be a better year for me :)